Life is too short not to pamper yourself with treats along the way. After all, you work hard, so why not celebrate each successful accomplishments every now and then? Whether you’ve achieved a long-term goal or simply the most productive day ever on your to-do list, you are worth it and that you deserve it.
Many people will spend most of their lives working to make money for them and their families.Or they will be spending time raising the children and working just to pay the bills. With so much going on at this time in your life, you can find that there’s too little time to do the things you want to do.
That’s why it is time and never it’s too late, to start focus on enjoying the benefits that your age brings you, especially once you retire or relax with your once active and busy life schedules.
“While it’s great when friends, family members, and significant others treat you to something unexpected for a special occasion like your birthday, what about the other 364 days of the year?”
Here are some ideas to pamper yourself differently in each area that you feel like to.
- Go for a good relaxing body massage
- Fix up with a nice manicure and pedicure
- Indulge a beauty facial
- Book a night alone at a fancy hotel for a me time and enjoy a bubble bath, order room service, and watch a movie
- Buy your favorite candy and eat one piece a day until the month is over
- Splurge on expensive skincare products
- Buy a new lipstick or nail polish
- Get a blowout
- Go to a $1-oyster happy hour and order a dozen oysters on the half shelf with a glass of champagne or beer
- Indulge an ice-cream cone or sundae
- Go to favorite restaurant and enjoy a meal by yourself
- Make your favorite dish for dinner
- Visit fancy coffee house and order a full fat espresso and a slice of cake
- Go to a deli, order your favorite sandwich for lunch somewhere outside
- Be creative and design your special foods or make a cake
- Dial in special foods for dinner with red wine and romantic music
- Buy a new pair of boots you have been wanting for the longest time
- Get yourself some new lingerie
- Order a gift that you have been eyeing, get it gift-wrapped and send it to yourself. Don’t forget to add a note addressing to yourself how fabulous you are
- Get the prettiest flowers at the florist shop and go home to make yourself a bouquet to admire all week
- Take an afternoon off work, grab that book you’ve been wanting to start, head to your favorite park, and spend several hours there to read quietly
- Take a long and leisurely bubble bath
- Catch a well-deserved nap
- Go somewhere to catch a good view of the morning or evening sun
- Hire someone to clean your house
- Take up an exercise that you like to do e.g. yoga; jogging or dancing
- Book a short trip for solo travel or a wellness retreat away from home
- Visit that museum exhibit you’ve been wanting to check out
- Get a single ticket to the opera, ballet, or symphony. Get dressed up, go to the show, then have a late dinner at nearby bistro. Order a burger and a martini
- Buy that piece of artwork you have been think after for months
- Sign up for that calligraphy or course that you have been wanting to learn
Having the experience and the wisdom you have as you get wiser can have many advantages; you know what you want, and you know where you want to go. All you need to do is start enjoying yourself.
Go for it!